SUMMARY The Medical Assistant’s role is to support the Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates (RRIA) clinical practice. This involves performing a variety of tasks, coordinating patient care, and associated with the operation of Interventional Radiology at the Dublin office.
- Answering phones.
- Greeting patients.
- Processing patient medical records.
- Scheduling appointments and procedures.
- Coordinating with hospitals and Riverside office.
- Coordinating with testing labs.
- Scanning and linking patient’s medical records.
- Handling correspondence.
- Provide all necessary information to the physician.
- Ensure room and equipment cleanliness.
- Restock room daily/ and keep stocked supplies up to date on expiration.
- Troubleshoot and report equipment issues.
- Provide support for nursing staff in office.
- Ensure a safe environment, empty sharps when needed.
- Clean and maintain surrounding work area.
- Interact in a positive manner with patients and staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Taking medical histories.
- Recording vital signs.
- Assisting physician during examination.
- Changing dressings.
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients.
- Preparing patients for exams and procedures.
- Dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Telephone prescriptions to pharmacy upon provider approval.
- Follow up calls to patients.
- Timely room turnover.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Instruct patients and provide education as necessary.
- Perform back-up for areas that require a medical assistant.
- Assist in coordination of plan of care with Primary Care Provider (PCP), Physician Assistant (PA), referring offices and Home Health Agencies. Enter and implement physician orders: Includes, but is not limited to: F/U calls, post procedures, medication tolerance, imaging results/plan of care, referrals, lab results. F/U PT/OT. Letter notification to patients as needed.
- Participate in QA activities.
|KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Current BLS for healthcare workers.
- Minimum 2 years office experience.
- EMR experience is necessary, EPIC is a plus.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow an order.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Ability to take initiative to continually improve and enhance RRIA.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, technical staff and clerical staff and others.
- Willingness to perform all duties as assigned.
- Comply & follow with RRIA human resources policies and procedures.
- Serve as a role model for fellow employees.
- Develop full potential of technical skills and knowledge.
Working conditions are normal for a clinical office. Work involves occasional lifting of patients up to 50 pounds. Operation requires the use of personal protective equipment such as gloves, gowns and masks.
About Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates:
RRIA is one of the largest sub-specialized private radiology practices in the country having about 100 diagnostic and interventional radiologists on staff. We serve both large and small hospitals not only in central Ohio, but throughout the entire state. Our vast IT infrastructure allows for all job sites to be fully supported by additional general and sub-specialized radiologists located in Columbus and at our other locations throughout the state. RRIA is continually recognized as a national leader in radiology. To learn more about our practice, please visit our website http://www.riversiderad.com/
LucidHealth (LH) is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.